Mariner Advancement Master 500 GRT & 1600 GRT Oceans & Near Coastal
Mate 500/1600 ton is on a different flash drive, located here.
||Question Bank Size
||Num of Questions on Exam
|Q100- Rules of the Road
|Q120- Deck General
|Q121- Deck Safety
|Q122- Deck Safety: Stability Prob.
|Q123- Nav Gen: Near Coastal
|Q124- Nav General: Oceans
|Q125- Nav Problems: Chart Plot
|Q126- Nav Prob.: Near Coastal
|Q127- Nav Problems: Oceans
- Navigation General module will be either Near Coastal or Oceans depending on route requested.
- Near Coastal routes do not take Q127-Navigation Problems: Oceans
- Increase in Scope: From Near Coastal to Oceans requires Q124- Navigation General: Oceans and Q127- Navigation Problems:Oceans
- Increase in Scope from Master 500 GRT To Master 1600 GRT on the same route may do so without further examination.
Each Rules of the Road question is linked to the corresponding rule. Click to view.
Includes over 500 pages of terrestrial navigation explanations.
Includes over 125 pages of deck general explanations.
Includes chart plot training HD videos from introduction to charts and tools to three complete fifteen question exams, one for each chart.
Deck Stability and Celestial questions are included in the application but we recommend these printed explanations as an addition.
Item 5001: $54.95
Deck General and Stability Calculations for Master 500 GT through 2nd Mate Unlimited Vol 1
Item 5003: $49.95
Terrestrial Navigation Problems worked-Out For Master 500 GRT Through 2nd Mate Unlimited Vol 2
Item 5005: $54.95
Celestial Navigation Calculations Worked-Out for Master 500 GT through 2nd Mate Unlimited Vol 3
Item 5006: $29.95
Celestial Navigation (Upon Oceans)Textbook Vol 6
See the first video above for an overview of these additional digital PDF resources located on the thumbdrive.
- Light Lists & Coast Pilots
- Manual loading MV Grand Haven
- Nautical Almanac1981
- Stability Binder
- Tidal Currents1983
- Tide Tables1983
- NOAA National Weather Service
- NOAA Nautical Chart Symbols & Terms
- NOAA Nautical Chart Users Manual
- Pub102 International Code Of Signals
- Pub117 Radio Navigation Aids
- Pub226 Magnetic Compass Adjustment
- Pub229 Vol2 Sight Reduction Tables
- USCG Chemical Data Guide
- USCG Rules Of The Road
- Several U.S. Navy Deck training manuals
See products for testing application screen shots and general overview, and warranty and shipping and sales tax information. See the latest Software Guide and User Manual to see all of the features available.
- No internet required
- One year of free updates
- Practice tests by unlimited random tests
- Test by tagged questions
- Test by text search of questions
- Test by illustration search of questions
- Test by subtopic
- Easy, touch enabled interface
- illustrations display with question
- Speech synthesizer to read questions
- Option to show correct answer only
- Books and reference material
- Written explanations for many subjects
- Chart plotting videos for deck
Minimum System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows Version 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 with x86 architecture such as Intel or AMD processor.
- Not compatible with ARM processor, Windows RT, Surface Pro X, or Chromebook.
- Latest version of Adobe Reader for Desktop (free from Adobe)
- 1.0 GHz CPU
- 4 GB RAM
- 2.0 USB support
- Mouse, or touch screen
- 1024 X 768 Screen Resolution