Master / Mate Inland Only + Great Lakes
This application and related materials included on the flash drive are for mariners seeking a 500 GRT, 1600 GRT, or Unlimited Master or Mate inland only or a Great Lakes license.
||Question Bank Size
||Num of Questions on Exam
|Rules of the Road
|Great Lakes Topics
|Nav Problems: Master Chart Plot
|Nav Problems: Mate Chart Plot
- The MA application includes all questions for inland only and Great Lakes, Mate and Master 500 / 1600/ and unlimited tonnage. The software is organized so Inland Only can skip Great Lakes questions and Mates can skip Masters questions.
- Inland routes do not take Q306-Great Lakes Topics
- For Great Lakes and Inland routes Rules of the Road module will be Inland and International
- For Inland routes Rules of the Road module will be Inland and International unless the applicant requests the Inland module.
- Inland Rules of the Road modules will result in a geographic COLREGS limitation on the applicants MMC.
Each Rules of the Road question is linked to the corresponding rule. Click to view.
Includes over 500 pages of terrestrial navigation explanations.
Includes over 125 pages of deck general explanations.
Includes chart plot training HD videos from introduction to charts and tools to three complete fifteen question exams, one for each chart.
Terrestrial explanations are included in the application but we recommend this printed explanation book as an addition.
Item 5003: $49.95
Terrestrial Navigation Problems worked-Out For Master 500 GRT Through 2nd Mate Unlimited Vol 2
See the first video above for an overview of these additional digital PDF resources located on the thumbdrive.
- Light Lists & Coast Pilots
- Manual loading MV Grand Haven
- Nautical Almanac1981
- Stability Binder
- Tidal Currents1983
- Tide Tables1983
- NOAA National Weather Service
- NOAA Nautical Chart Symbols & Terms
- NOAA Nautical Chart Users Manual
- Pub102 International Code Of Signals
- Pub117 Radio Navigation Aids
- Pub226 Magnetic Compass Adjustment
- Pub229 Vol2 Sight Reduction Tables
- USCG Chemical Data Guide
- USCG Rules Of The Road
- Several U.S. Navy Deck training manuals
See products for testing application screen shots and general overview, and warranty and shipping and sales tax information. See the latest Software Guide and User Manual to see all of the features available.
- No internet required
- One year of free updates
- Practice tests by unlimited random tests
- Test by tagged questions
- Test by text search of questions
- Test by illustration search of questions
- Test by subtopic
- Easy, touch enabled interface
- illustrations display with question
- Speech synthesizer to read questions
- Option to show correct answer only
- Books and reference material
- Written explanations for many subjects
- Chart plotting videos for deck
Minimum System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows Version 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 with x86 architecture such as Intel or AMD processor.
- Not compatible with ARM processor, Windows RT, Surface Pro X, or Chromebook.
- Latest version of Adobe Reader for Desktop (free from Adobe)
- 1.0 GHz CPU
- 4 GB RAM
- 2.0 USB support
- Mouse, or touch screen
- 1024 X 768 Screen Resolution